Asbestos Awareness Training
Duration: ½ Day
Maximum number of delegates: 15
Aims and Objectives
It is a requirement under The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 that:
"Asbestos Awareness Training is given to all employees whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos. In particular, it should be given to all demolition workers and those workers in the refurbishment and allied trades where it is foreseeable that their work will disturb the fabric of the building"
Those at risk include:
- General maintenance staff.
- Plasterers, painters and caretakers.
- Plumbers, gas fitters, electricians, joiners and shop fitters.
- Telecom engineers, computer engineers, building surveyors.
- Fire and burglar alarm installers.
- Lift Engineers.
- Construction workers, heating and ventilation engineers.
- Construction consultants, Architects, Structural Engineers and CDM Duty holders.
It is estimated that over two million work places contain asbestos, which remains the single biggest cause of work related deaths in the UK.
- What is asbestos.
- Health hazards of asbestos
- Asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos legislation.
- Asbestos waste
- Emergency procedures.
All delegates who complete this course will be awarded the:
- Health and Safety: Asbestos Awareness Certificate of Attendance and Achievement
Please contact our office for further details, course prices and booking arrangements on 01935 412545 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.